My Experience of first pregnancy ultrasound scan || Dating scan

 Hello beautiful people out there, hope you guys are doing good.



First let me show my gratitude to my readers, thank you so much for the love you showed to my previous blog "how I confirmed my pregnancy" please keep supporting me like this. Forever thankful to my readers.

  

Sharing the picture of "The magical pink line" 

    Today pregnancy blog is dedicated to those who will be first time mum, in my pregnancy i discovered many things I didn't know before, so here I am sharing my pregnancy journey step by step. 


 if you have any doubts about the same thing I had, then may my blog might help you.

     today I am sharing my experience of dating scan.

  to know my experience read til last.



What To do after positive 

home pregnancy test?



 Home pregnancy test Is very common nowadays, but if your first time conceiving and didn't know what to do after that then follow these steps, there are many women who do pregnancy test just after missing their period day.

  if you are tested 2 to 4 days after missing your period then you may be four weeks pregnant,

   so you can do two things if you are not sure about your digital confirmation you can visit doctor and ask for pregnancy blood test or you may wait for three weeks then visit doctor by then you most probably 7 to 8 weeks pregnant, doctor will advise you to do a scan, which is called Dating scan, in case your doctor didn't advise, you can ask yourself as well.



What is dating scan and when you have to do it ?

Dating scan is to check in which week you are of pregnancy, as it will show you exact week and days of pregnancy, the dating scan shows you fetal growth, place of fetal in the womb, size of foetus and heartbeat of foetus.

   Dating scan can be done between 7 to 9 week. after dating scan doctor will tell you exactly how many days and weeks your pregnant and she will give you be Expected Due Date ( EDD ) Ofcourse you are not gonna deliver at exact date, but before or after of EDD.


 


Why I felt dating scan is magical and fascinating?

on 16 June 2020 I visited doctor, she asked me my last period date and then told me to wait she will perform a scan.


   As on June 2020 coronavirus was going on high, things are happening slowly.

   I waited for 4 long hours to perform this scan. I needed to drink a lot of water, they needed full bladder, that was time I was not able to drink even a 1 cup of water and keep in my stomach. I was vomiting the water as well, sitting alone in the hallway with feeling nauseous and dizzy, somehow I was convincing myself to drink as much water as I can.

   then while waiting, after 3 hours and having tons of water I started another fight with my self, fight the urge of passing urine 🙈. (pregnancy is one thing that your body is not yours from the beginning ) 

     

     when my turns came for scan, I was nervous, the thoughts in my mind was giving me anxiety. From four hours I was keep praying but now when finally time came, I was shivering, "what if I am not pregnant? what if this is false alarm? with my fear and anxiety, I went to scan room. the movement doctor started scan, I was very still & watching the moniter without blinking ( ofcourse I didn't understand a thing ), doctor and her assistant started discussing something & my nervousness increased because I didn't understand a thing, 

 why? because they were discussing in Tamil and I don't understand Tamil at all. Here in Chennai most people don't know Hindi, my doctor don't know Hindi as well, so English came to rescue, 

    after 2 minutes or so doctor told me to pass the urine and come, they will do internal scans.

 

  I did as they instructed, while doing the internal scan there is a sound coming from the scan machine, now I cannot stay still, not knowing what happening with me is the worst feeling, so I ask doctor am I really pregnant or not? she said offcourse you are pregnant , and do you listening to this sound? this is your baby's heartbeat

   I was on tears immediately I was listening to my baby's heartbeat, it felt so magical at that moment. 




  Thinking about how in my body there is two hearts are beating is fascinated me, & then doctor showed me a small dot on screen & told, see this is your baby. Now I don't even have any thoughts, the dot which you barely can see is my baby & that dot got heartbeat & it is beating strongly.

  I stil remember my baby's heartbeat on first scan was 143 BPM , ( after coming home, I told my husband, see our baby's heartbeat is 143, baby is saying I LOVE YOU )  

  

     There was many emotions going on inside me, all I wanted to call my husband and make him listen the heartbeat, but due to corona we couldn't, cause he was not allowed inside the hospital.

   doctor then told me I am 6 week 4 days pregnant, I was astonished how was a baby from six week inside of me and I didn't knew.

  I was over the sun and moon. but then doctor asked me, do you have irregular periods? Fear creep on me, to grow a baby one thing is very important, & that is blood. and I am low on it, I said "yes" after that I told her my pcos history & also about t my periods bleeding, "I only bleed for 2-3 days, is it will be issue?

  though she said "no", I was concerned about this, ( this issue need a separate block all together)

   This was my experience of Dating scan, listening baby's heartbeat is gave me the ultimate happiness, so if you are not confirmed your pregnancy yet, then you must do a dating scan, to listen your baby's heartbeat for the first time.

 and if you didn't hear it then ask your doctor to increase the volume, so you can hear.

   after this scan to every scan till baby's arrival, I was triple energetic and excited on every scan day, because I can hear baby's heartbeat, I don't use to sleep entire night out of excitement, get used to ready in morning 6 o'clock, and my husband will wake up and get shocked.


Him: what are you doing?


Me : getting ready.


Him: why?


Me: to go hospital.


Him: appointment is on 10 o'clock .


Me : I know, but I just can't wait to listen my baby's heartbeat again. 


 Him: (don't know what to say ) his sleeps again, with his weird expressions.


Meanwhile, Me: taking selfies.



Note:- To all the mom-to-be, enjoy every moment of pregnancy, and make alot of memories, cherish every body change, you are doing something that another gender cannot do.

    so Rule your kingdom Queen.


      Happy 😊 dating scan to all mom-to-be. & do share your feeling in comment section below, how you felt when you heard the heartbeat of your baby for the first time.



Comments

Sanar Care said…
Sanar Care is providing an Advance Arthritis health package at an affordable price. Mahajan Imaging offers Advance Arthritis Package which includes Uric Acid, CRP, RA factor, ASO Titer, ANA (EIA), etc
Dr Manu Bora said…
Looking for the best wrist tear treatment in Gurgaon within your budget. Contact Us at Dr. Manu Bora for the right guidance of tfcc tear surgery
Uma Sharma said…
Thanks for sharing the information about Pregnancy reports, now know more facts from the experts of Best IVF Centre in Haryana
This is a nice and very helpful post about Health.
I have enjoyed it from your blog and looking forward to see more from you.
Thanks....!


Best Diagnostic Centre in Lucknow
Comprehensive oncology is the Best oncology radiation therapy in gurgaon, India, offering radiation therapy treatments at affordable costs in India.
Thank you so much for making an effort to share your detailed thoughts with us
Neurology doctors in Gurgaon

Popular Posts